Michelin Tires Suck, Full of phoney excuses

Apr 20, 2010
review #179121

I purchased a set of Michelin tires.12000 miles ago.

They suck. Do not purchase tires at Costco either. They do carry the stock on hand to replace warranty issues. I have experienced nothing but problems with these over priced tires.

Buy other tires. Michelin does not care about the customer. If you buy Michelins . Bend over cause you are screwed.

I have had Michelins before. These tires are worst performing tire I have ever owned. I called the toll free number provided with the paper work.

I only heard a ton of phony excuses.I was hung up on as well.

acc10d8
Had an experience with Michelin Tires?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Screwed by the Michelin Man

Jun 30, 2013 Deland, Florida

I purchased 6 new Michelin tires for my Dodge dually. With more than one year left on the warranty the sidewalls have gaping cracks on both sides of the tires and in every area of the tires. I only have 15,000 miles on this set of $1,400.00 tires and Michelin only wants to give me a 30% credit. These tires still have 11/32 tread wear which is about the same as new.

I will and you should NEVER NEVER NEVER purchase another Michelin Tire. The dealer I bought them from told me that they won't even call Michelin about a warranty issue because Michelin sucks so bad on warranty issues. What a nightmare this has become.

I will replace them with a Cooper or other tire that does not have sidewall issues. Michelin is going to get a lot of people killed when the sidewalls start blowing out.

I can't believe how loyal I have been to overpriced Michelin over the years. I think the more a company spends on advertising the worst they are at taking care of the customer and warranty issues. They just advertise some more and get more suckers to buy.

Michelin Man Screwed me!

Riptide

Jan 02, 2012

Have gone through three sets of Michelin Tires in 53,000 miles on the
2008 Camry V6 SE.

Primacy MXV4
Pilot Sport a/s plus
Pilot HX MXM

My opinion is that they are way overpriced and hyped and not what Michelin used to be. Also there warrenty service is lousy and a pain in the ***.

My previous car was a 1998 toyota Camry V6 LX and I ran Michelins and prices then were alot less and the tires were better in every way.

I now have Uniroyal GTZ tires and they are much Better and Cheaper, they are made in the USA. Ironically Michelin ownes Unyroyal.

I feel totally ripped off, no more Michelin Brand Tires for me.

Rob

Jul 21, 2011

Try having tons of Michelin tires that have been put on RV's OEM dry rot within 15mo of being in the sun. Goodyear and others dont do it!!! Michelin will do nothing about it!Consumers are loosing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ each year.

Roy Earls

Jul 20, 2011

I phoned (YCH) your consumer help line to find out what happened to my 2 tires that failed within 3 months.

Your consumer helpline was an absolute failure. By the end of our conversation during which YCH phoned Sears "for awnsers", gave me these awnsers,
1) I cannot tell you why our tires failed.
2) We do not give you information why our tires failed.
3) I Cannot tell you who to talk to about why our tires failed.
4) I cannot do anything for you about our tire failures.
5) Sears said I was given 50% credit for 2/3 of tread (of very careful driving) so $130 to replace a $200 seemed fair.
6) Michelin has NO POLICY to track problems with their tires for public knowledge. So I MAY NOT find out why "MY" tires failed.
7) That tire has been discontinued.
8) There is no information available on why it was discontinued.
9) We do not supply consumers with information on defective tires.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Michelin Tires.
Filing a new complaint about
×