Michellin Tires: I had a set of four Michelin tire on my Chevy Van.They all had plenty of treadwear left on each tire.
One day while driving at 55-60 mph the tread on the left rear tire unwound from the side walls on both sides. The tread wrapped around the axle housing, with the result that the wheel locked up and stopped turning. This caused the van to start to spin on the freeway. It was all I could do to maintain control.
The photo shows what my tire and wheel looked like after the incident.
One of the reasons I have always bought Michelin tires is so that these kinds of things won't happen.But, I guess I could have bought the cheapest tire made overseas, in a country not known for making good products, and nothing worse could have happened.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Michelin Ltx Tires
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Michellin Tires: I had a set of four Michelin tire on my Chevy Van. They all had plenty of treadwear left on each tire. One day while driving at 55-60..."
- "Ive purchased several tires from best used in the past, as I am a rural mail carrier and go through a lot of tires. In April I purchased a set..."
- "Paid the money up front as requested. Got the engine 3 days past time promised. Engine in horrible shape pics show broken parts and plastic pieces in cylinder heads. SW..."
- "Am I the only person who received this 28% tax withholding fee for not filling out a w9 form that wasn't in the check list to be filled out in..."
- "Purchased a pistol grip and butt stock for AR15, in FDE flat dark earth,. They sent me a tan pistol grip and a olive drab stock. I called..."
- "This is in responce to anonymous. Because I think she is just upset, mad, about not making the weight. Possibly by not following the instructions given. It my be possible..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."
- "A coach USA bus almost killed my family and several in the cars around us today around 2pm eastbound on I-64 in Newport News Virginia. Driving way too fast for..."
- "Be very, very, very cautious of dealing with this company. I will not ever do business with them again. I have been trying to get them to replace a coil..."